Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mythology Reading Evaluation

I was all about Aesop's fables. Those short stories and poetry are my favorite. Especially the haiku. But I especially love how Aesop's fables are like Disney before Disney, and have many morals and settings and animals and randomness that is just great. Makoma was cool to read as well, as Americans aren't really taught a lot about African stories. We of course know all the classic stories like Beowulf, Alice in Wonderland, The Odyssey, Arabian Nights (Aladdin), or Hercules, but our educational institutions seem to rob us of the knowledge of African, Native Americans, and Asia just to name a couple major few.

I thought there was kind of an excessive amount of commenting when it went to 7 per weekend, but more particularly with the 150 words. 60 is very doable though. But it does force the student to think more critically so keep the structure the way it is!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael,

    The blog commenting randomizer brought me to this blog entry and I am glad that it did. I will agree with you, I also enjoyed the Aesop's fables very much because I could somehow use them in my daily life because of the morals and key themes that these fables had. I actually think that I am going to go back and read a few so I can keep copies of my favorites. I am also relieved that you feel the same way about commenting. At times it is very difficult for me to find something significant to say that is why I enjoy the 60 word comments vs the 150 word comments. I do like to read the 150 word comments that I receive though, haha.

    ReplyDelete