Sunday, October 18, 2015

Reading Diary A -Cherokee Myths

Cherokee Myths

The Hunter and the Uksu'hï
I can sum this one up fast even though it was my favorite of the group. A hunter looking for excitement in Georgia, though warned, goes to seek out the deadly Uksu'hï, a great snake two times bigger than the South American anaconda.. That's huge. The hunter finds what he is looking for but is quickly frightened by the size of the sight of the monster. He runs, it chases, it wraps him up and nearly breaks his ribs. He luckily uses his sweat and stench to detract the snake and go free with his life, but just barely.

Thoughts
This completely reminded me of the old movie Anaconda. That one really got to me when I was younger but when I go back and look at it I laugh because of the effects. I imagine a way cooler warrior though, and that he actually slays the great snake. Maybe with a tomahawk or a dope feathered spear. I really like the pic I chose as well. Great colors and depiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment