Monday, October 12, 2015

Reading Plan

I plan to try and stay with my theme of warriors. These types of titles or themes caught my eyes. From the Native American section: monster-slaying Apache hero Naiyenesgani, the Blackfoot story of Kut-O-Yis, the hero born of blood, the great snake-monster Uktena from the Cherokee group (as I have some Cherokee blood in me this interests me to learn more perhaps).

From the British unit there are so many classics that I never really knew were British. I can definitely pull inspiration from Robin Hood, Beowulf, and King Arthur. Maybe combine em in my own epic warrior. Or maybe a made up Alice and Wonderland warrior with elements from that whole story. And the devil story from Canterbury interested me.

In the European Section the famous Crane and Hunt stood out with their stories however I already know them like Snow-White, Sleeping Beauty, and anything else Disney has done lol. Maybe some more exploration. Russian tales could be cool. They could be dark. But that is a stereotype of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment