Wednesday, August 26, 2015

UnTextbook Story Exploration

Unit: Aesop (All)
I enjoy short stories of moral, and just about every kid grows up with these types of stories that teach valuable lessons using animals and the personification of them. I like how these stories are usually more serious than those like Disney or Pixar, and hardly sugar coat death or wrong doing to in order to stay true to life teach real life lessons. I also wanted to be a zoologist at a young age (but I strongly dislike biology haha) so my interest of animals is strong.

Unit: Blackfoot
Native American tales are rich with true North American culture. They are similar to Aesop's fables but with a native homage. I also just think the name Blackfoot is dope and I have Native American blood mixed in with all of my other genetic goodness.

Unit: Arabian Nights
Along with Native blood I have a Saudi Arabian background as my grandfather is originally from the Middle East. I also want to compare and contrast the original writing of Aladdin to its Disney remake. 

Unit: Nursery Rhymes
Who doesn't like rhymes?! I mean most of America listens to hip-hop or rap and this is where it all started haha.


Unit: Ovid I
Classical mythology is perhaps what I am most interested in. I love the classical Greek and roman cultures, particularly their mythology and ties to warfare. The image below reflects the chaos, divinity, and classical antiquity I have come to enjoy by one of the most interesting times in history. Ares and Apollo are my two favorite gods as Ares is God of War and violence - with my entrenchment into a culture of competition he is the one I would pray to if I lived in that time. The Aries is also my horoscope sign (aka a ram). While Apollo is the archer, and God of Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment