Sunday, September 6, 2015

Topics

Topic: Lion stories from different cultures
Comments: I love lions. I feel I relate to them most of any animal in just about all of their characteristics. The lion is my native American spirit animal haha though they are only in Africa and Asia. Maybe that could be the story.. How I am like a lion in every way except physically being a lion haha. I also want to understand more of the dynamic of how different cultures revered or feared lions. Maybe even throwing in some real stories compared to myths.
Possible Stories: Ghost and the Darkness are two real lions that practically terrorized an African railroad project taking many lives. Lion king could be considered a lion story. And Aesop fables include lions. 
Sample Stories: The Aesop fable "A lion and three bullocks" is just one example of a lion fable. Reading like Cultural depictions of lions could be helpful in the many forms lions take in the history of stories.

Topic: Stories in short poetry form // The art of minimalist poetry
Comments: I really enjoy the Aesop stories and Japanese poetry called Haiku's. I love the power such minimal stories and poetry hold. They almost always bare morals and are just so interesting. Haiku's are particularly beautiful.
Possible Stories: This topic is broad but maybe a more narrow topic like warriors, lions, beauty, honor, war, I don't know, something, could be selected but using these minimal poetry or forms of storytelling.
Sample Stories: Here is a bank of Haiku's with many traditional Haiku's from the old masters and a sprinkle of the new.

Topic: Creatures and Monsters of tale and myth: The rare, unique, and unheard ones
Comments: Monsters. Rawr. But really I just wanted to explore imaginary creatures that most of the world does not know about. I want to find and spotlight the unpopular ones. 
Possible Stories: More exploration necessary. But I do not want to highlight classical monster like werewolves, Medusa, or hydra, but the ones I have yet to find. Help wanted.

Topic: Warriors from different cultures
Comments: I wish I was a gladiator in a past life. Maybe I was. Reincarnation is a bitch haha. The honor of the sword and shield is the realest. Honor glory and competition.
Possible Stories: The feats of warriors, real and fake, are well documented. I would like to find less heard of ones. Compare and contrast the warriors of different cultures.
Sample Stories: The Odyssey and the Iliad and the specific story of the great warrior Achilles in the battle of Troy is the most classic of examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment